LEXUS Australia has launched an upgraded version of the LX 470 all-terrain luxury wagon, featuring numerous improvements at a lower price. The RRP is now $117,000 – a reduction of almost 11% over the previous model.
• Variable gear ratio steering (VGRS) which adjusts the gear ratio according to vehicle speed and steering input from the driver;
• Improved semi-active adaptive variable suspension (AVS) to improve on-road cornering stability and handling responsiveness and off-road ride;
• Upgraded quad-cam 4.7-litre V8 engine (which complies with Euro III emissions standards) and five-speed automatic transmission;
• Super-ECT (electronically controlled transmission) for smoother shifting, lower vibration and noise, and improved fuel economy in various conditions;
• Revised dashboard with touch screen multi-vision display controlling air conditioning, audio, and DVD-based satellite navigation
• In-built computer featuring distance to empty, instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average vehicle speed and distance driven;
• Airbag computer which senses front collisions, side collisions and rollovers and activates seatbelts, front airbags and curtain shield side airbags;
• Rain sensor with automatic wiper operation; and
• Bigger 17-inch alloy wheels and all terrain tyres.
The two new colours are Alabaster and Stone, complimenting the existing Classic Black. – Lexus.Reads: 400