AS A result of vandalism to the amenities at Clarrie Hall Dam, and due to the ongoing cost of repairs, the Tweed Shire Council has decided to install gates to the entrance of the dam, which is located just off Kyogle Road, 3km west of Uki.
The new hours of operation, as of September 1, 2003, are 7.30am to 5pm AEST (7.30am to 6pm DST). The hours of operation at the other end of the dam at Crams Farm remain at 7.30am to 5.30pm AEST (7.30am to 6.30pm DST).
Clarrie Hall Dam has been stocked with more than 200,000 Australian bass fingerlings since 1991, and the Tweed Shire Council has received approval from NSW Fisheries to buy more. The Council has provided $5000 and Fisheries $5000, and there will be a release in November of 20,000 bass fingerlings supplied by Searl Aquaculture at Grafton. – Wayne Watson, Water Treatment Plant Senior Operator, Tweed Shire CouncilReads: 1375