There are many varieties of pre-sliced smoked Tasmanian salmon available state wide, but I can’t go past Mures. It is really good quality, definitely not frozen, which is a sin from where I stand. Make sure that you have some fresh new season green apples that are not as sweet and a nice medium strength blue cheese to really make this dish stand out.
8-9cm cookie cutter and a mandolin for slicing apples
Pre sliced smoked salmon
Sprigs of fennel
Lemon juice ( fresh )
1. Cut 6 discs of smoked salmon and put aside.
2. Core the apple and cut 6 even slices of apple on the mandolin and put aside.
3. Mix equal quantities of horseradish and cream together, put a squeeze of lemon juice in and combine.
4. To build the salad, stack the apple and smoked salmon together to form a small tower and place in the middle of your plate.
5. Spoon some horseradish dressing around the plate and then with your fingers crumble some blue cheese around, now place the other ingredients on the plate and serve.Reads: 1471